Thursday, June 18, 2009

Regina Spektor Show Announced

An unusual pairing of the Myth and soft folky singer Regina Spektor - but the Myth does hold more people than First Avenue and the Fine Line. Myth Nightclub tickets for this event will sell really fast, everyone and their mother that listens to 89.3 the Current will be making the trek out to Maplewood to go to the show.

Regina Spektor, was born in Russia in 1980 and shortly moved to the states to New York.

Gradually she achieved recognition through performances in the anti-folk scene in New York's East Village's Sidewalk Cafe. Spektor sold her cds at her small live performances until gaining major label attention.

I know Regina Spektor from the "Weeds" theme song. In season two of Weeds a different artist sings the theme song "Little Boxes" and she was one of them. I am glad that in season 4 they don't have that silly song anymore, it got old after awhile.

So be sure to buy your Myth Nightclub tickets for Regina Spektor early so you are stuck not being able to go - every folk loving hipster will be there!



Regina Spektor at the Myth - Friday, September 11th - with special guest Little Joy

2 comments:

  1. The hippy, thai-noodle eating, flowy skirt wearing crowd usually isn't my scene but a good friend of mine actually got me started listening to Regina after he heard her on Weeds... I may have to break my rules and go to this show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is fabulous. Just fabulous. I really want to go to this one, but never know what my schedule is going to look like that far in advance!!

    ReplyDelete